Winning new customers
Ensuring a steady flow of new customers is good business sense because it:
- Ensures that your customer base grows to support your overall sales growth objectives
- Reduces reliance on achieving sales targets through the existing customer base
- Increases your company’s market presence
- Enables you to outmanoeuver competitor sales activity
How Mercuri can help
Help you define your new customer ‘selection criteria’ to ensure that overall new customer sales activity is focused on developing a customer base appropriate for your planned market strategy.
Provide robust sales activity management tools to ensure that the quantity of directed sales activity will secure the sales result for each sales quarter and for the financial year overall.
Map and improve your new customer acquisition process to ensure a common, measurable sales approach is adopted which will increase the quantity of sales converted in the sales pipeline.
Uplift the ability of your salesforce to implement best practice. In new customer acquisition enhance your sales approach, from the telephone appointment making stage through to gaining contractual commitment.
Ensure your sales force behaviours provide a key differentiator in the experience of the customer. This will help you outmanoeuver competitor sales force activity.
Retaining and growing existing customers
`Brick-walling’ your customer base is good business sense because it:
- Defends your valuable, hard won customer base from competitor attack
- Increases your sales profitability to sell more to existing trading relationships
- Enables you to work with customers in ‘partner’ relationships and identify ongoing sales opportunities
- Reduces reliance on new customer generation in order to secure sales revenue targets
How Mercuri can help
Help you define tactical, strategic and key account relationships and the level of focus each requires in order to grow sales revenues.
Provide the latest thinking, approaches and structures to world-class key account management
Develop your sales force in key account management tools that provide a common, measurable approach to relationship development.
Coach your sales people in the soft skills required to retain and grow their existing key relationships. Develop the skills required to co-ordinate and lead internal key account teams.